PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 4: You Ready?

phool6
12-25-2009, 09:32 AM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k114/jeomaxxters/playstation4.jpg
Despite recent rumors that Sony may be preparing to exit the console hardware business given its management shift among top SCEI executives, Holman clarifies with SmartHouse that Sony is indeed planning to launch a PlayStation 4, but no sooner than 2010. "To say that there will be no PS4 because of a management change is a bit far fetched," Holman says.

According to Holman, it's too soon to be speaking of the PS4, since game developers are just discovering that the PS3 has "more processing headroom than they initially anticipated and that this was resulting in the development of new gaming capabilities."

What about these "new gaming capabilities?"

Holman said that Sony plans to release a series of firmware upgrades, as the company has done with its PSP, to enable the PS3 to become more media center oriented and allow for third-party applications and hardware "such as interactive controllers" like the Nintendo Wii remote.

Sufgania
12-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Interesting read, thanks for posting!

What do you guys think about these "firmware upgrades"? What do you think they will be? and do you have a wish list ready? :)

A remote like the Wii one would be cool for sure!!

mhere
12-26-2009, 05:59 PM
i think its too early to launch the Ps 4 as the gammers are not yet bored of playing on ps 3 ....!!!

release of ps 4 is good ... i must appreciate that ....!!! but the buttons are much more than recommended ...

what you guys think can it be handled easily ......

phool6
12-27-2009, 07:00 AM
it's not an official pic, just a fanmade picture of PS4 controller :P.as far as i know it's just a rumor.But there will be a PS3 firmware update available soon.

Tetrancin
12-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Too much buttons for me :biggrin: But I think it is a rummor too that PS4 will look like this :tongue: When they are planning to release that PS3 firmware update ??

Sufgania
12-29-2009, 08:41 AM
i think its too early to launch the Ps 4 as the gammers are not yet bored of playing on ps 3 ....!!!

release of ps 4 is good ... i must appreciate that ....!!! but the buttons are much more than recommended ...

what you guys think can it be handled easily ......

I completely agree actually, it is way too soon for PS4 yet, a lot of people are still getting PS3 after all, and are quite happy with it. So it makes sense to wait a bit with a release of a new console….

Tetrancin
12-29-2009, 09:34 AM
I completely agree actually, it is way too soon for PS4 yet, a lot of people are still getting PS3 after all, and are quite happy with it. So it makes sense to wait a bit with a release of a new console….
And when you think it will be good time to release PS4? :biggrin:

Sufgania
12-29-2009, 12:20 PM
And when you think it will be good time to release PS4? :biggrin:

It’s hard to say… when people start getting tired of PS3, basically, or when the other console makers release something…. At least not for another year, I would say. You don’t agree? :)

Tetrancin
12-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Well, first PlayStation was released in 1994 decemeber, PlayStation 2 was released in 2000 , PlayStation 3 was released in 2006. If dont noticed they are releasing PlayStation's every 6 years but I think they will release PlayStation 4 earlier.. I definitely agree with you that next year they can to not release it.. Ofcourse it will be hard for us to wait for it but we will wait, yes? :)

Sufgania
12-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Well, first PlayStation was released in 1994 decemeber, PlayStation 2 was released in 2000 , PlayStation 3 was released in 2006. If dont noticed they are releasing PlayStation's every 6 years but I think they will release PlayStation 4 earlier.. I definitely agree with you that next year they can to not release it.. Ofcourse it will be hard for us to wait for it but we will wait, yes? :)

Of course. Something like that is definitely worth waiting for, even if it takes a while (or even a long while!)

ryuken
01-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Ofcourse it is rumor about PS4. I don't think PS4 will be like this. Let's wait for official announcement.