PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII sales hit 1 million in Japan in One Day!

phool6
12-23-2009, 03:53 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/5z4i1.jpg
Final Fantasy XIII is released in Japan and everyone was sure that it would be a massive success in Japan.A demo version of this game was released in April for PS3 only in Japan and according to media - system sales nearly quadrupled on a weekly basis.

With Final Fantasy XIII officially available on retail shelves in Japan yesterday, the game's selling potential has snapped clearly into focus. Citing internal figures, Square Enix announced today that the Japanese role-playing game has sold more than 1 million units in its first 24 hours. Square Enix noted that the figure does not include units sold as part of hardware bundles, such as the 250GB ceramic-white PS3 with a graphic of protagonist Lightning printed on the top.

Yesterday, Square Enix announced that it had shipped some 1.8 million units to Japanese retailers in advance of the game's launch. The publisher also noted that total worldwide franchise sales stand at 92 million units since the Final Fantasy brand first emerged in 1987. Of its most recent iteration, Square Enix has forecast total sales of 6 million units worldwide.

It will be released on March 9 in North America in Europe and it will be released for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Tetrancin
12-23-2009, 07:44 AM
It is not so surprising that they sold 1 million in 1 day because when Final Fantasy XIII will be released in Europe we will break that record ! :bounce:

Sufgania
12-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Wow, that is impressive! It seems a lot of salesrecords are being broken these days (I know Call of Duty 2 broke quite a few too), I guess it’s because more people have consoles and stuff now.
Will be interesting to see how it does on the European and American market…

phool6
12-23-2009, 09:48 AM
ya i m also waiting to what happens when it will be released in Europe and American market,i m also waiting to play this game.I love final fantasy series! they are amazing :D

FantasyStar
12-24-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm dying to play this game. In fact, I would have imported it, but getting it 3 months earlier is not worth a 30-50 dollar premium to me (according to importing sites I've looked at). I do wish SE hadn't given Microsoft that day one deal, it seems to be the main reason for this delay, but what are ya gonna do? 360 owners want some love too, I can't fault them for going multiplatform, but it shouldn't have been at the cost of the Sony fans that have been loyally following them for over a decade.

So far the main complaint I've heard is that it's very linear but...is that really news? Japanese games, FFs in particular, are always pretty linear, and personally I never got the appeal of total non-linearity--a good amount of people play through in the order that's the most "efficient" by consensus anyway.

eldoraaveryt
09-08-2011, 07:41 AM
: Acheter Nike Shox